Coats are born to be stunning, or at least, this one is. Inspired by a coat purchased in New York, this coat has serious street cred with it's figure enhancing shape. Be warned: You will be noticed.
The fabric is an ex-designer cast off, which means we are not sure of the contents. It is very very warm, so we suspect a wool and polyester mix. It is soft to touch and has a slight felted appearance. It is fully lined in a matching acetate lining.
This coat has some unusual design features that set it apart from your regular coats:
- Square cut arm holes allow for a greater length of movement than you'd expect
- Deep cuffs, this time with the split facing the back, this is a very flattering look when wearing gloves
- The super wide collar sets the era of this coat more in the 40s than the 50s
- Lots of fabric in the skirt which will accommodate all skirt shapes and look great over trousers
- Shoulder pads which help frame the collar shape
- contoured back waist from which the pleats drop from.
- The back collar delightfully mimics the waist shape
- Two hidden pockets at the front, cosy for your hands and ideal for travel essentials. Big enough for a mobile
- Generous authentic length
Made right here in the UK from materials also sourced here.