Coats are born to be stunning, or at least, this one is. Inspired by a coat purchased in New York, this coat has serious street cred with it's figure enhancing shape. Be warned: You will be noticed.
This season we've chose the most exciting Green and Black houndstooth woven fabric.
The Green is a vibrant Kelly Green which of sets the black beautifully.
As with all our coat fabrics to date, the fabric is "direct from the cutting room floor" meaning it is left over designer stock, so we can't be sure of the fabric content. We are guessing at a wool and polyester mix. It is completely matt and the weave is slightly loose. This means it drapes wonderfully but may not be as warm as a tighter weave.
We only have enough fabric for 30 coats and we have already cut them out! So it really is a case of first in best dressed!
You can choose from a mottled green button or a faceted black button. Once you've placed your order we'll ask our UK manufacturers to finish it for you. It could take 1-2 weeks. (We'll keep you informed regarding the delivery date) Let us know in the comments section when you place your order if you'd like green or black buttons.
This coat has some unusual design features, carried over from the original, that set it apart from your regular coats:
- Square cut arm holes allow for a greater length of movement than you'd expect
- Deep cuffs, this time with the split facing the back, this is a very flattering look when wearing gloves
- The super wide collar sets the era of this coat more in the 40s than the 50s
- Lots of fabric in the skirt which will accommodate all skirt shapes and look great over trousers
- Shoulder pads which help frame the collar shape
- Contoured back waist from which the pleats drop from.
- The back collar delightfully mimics the waist shape
- Two hidden pockets at the front, cosy for your hands and ideal for travel essentials. Big enough for a mobile
- Generous authentic length
Made right here in the UK from materials also sourced here.
The actual measurements of this garment are as follows:
XS: B34" W28" S: B37" W30" M: B39" W33" L: B44" W38" XL: B49" W40" Length 47" Some ladies with a larger bust wear it with the top button undone and a scarf to stop drafts
Modelled by: Kitten Von Mew