ONLY SIZE 8'S, 10'S AND 12'S LEFT.
Stunning 1950s dress with a squared neckline and hip draping. The styling seems to suit hourglass and bust heavy figures rather than pear shaped figures
The 3/4 sleeves is a very elegant solution that helps draws attention to the wearers curves. In the 50s sleeves of this length were sometimes referred to as "bracelet length" because they stop short of where you'd like to display pretty bracelets and bangles.
The fabric is an "end of line" which means it is ex-designer cut off (ie, destined for the scrap heap if boutique designers like us don't pick it up). For that reason we are not 100%% sure of the fabric content, but believe it to be a Polyester Viscose. This is a very comfortable fabric to wear. The polyester resists creasing and the viscose breathes and creates an elegant drape and fluidity of movement. It has a matt, slightly textured look to it which looks like a vintage wool crepe.
We have tested the fabric in a 40° machine wash with a warm iron and found that to be fine. However, the belt cannot be machine washed. It must be dry cleaned.
This purple will suit most skin types and is THAT colour assocated with royality and nobility.
We have found that they are coming up one size too small. Please order a size larger than you would expect from our sizing charts. So if you are normally a size 12 in our sizing charts, trousers and mary dresses, you will need to order a size 14 in this dress. It is most firm at the waist. There is no stretch in the fabric. We have found that the style is narrow in the shoulders and slim at the biceps.
Other features include:
- A metal (yes, metal for authenticity) side zip especially made for us by YKK
- side draped skirt, which helps hide the tummy and detracts from bulges
- Machine Washable
- Very little ironing, if any, required so it is great for travelling!
- Self covered belt (very authentic) and beltloops. The belt has been made for us in the UK
- A very flattering squared neckline
- 3/4 length sleeves with tucks on the inside of the elbow. This is what they did for comfort and manuverability before the advent of stretch fabrics
- A split on the skirt, on the opposite side to the drape, for ease of walking
- A mid calf skirt which is very elegant
Team with heels and a smart bag and you will create waves at work. Add a brooch on the corner of the neck with the gathers and switch to an evening bag and you'll knock them out at a cocktail party or wedding