our Rich Bounty Twizzle is just that, full of the joys of harvest season in a colour combination that will take you through to next spring. The black background is easy to co-ordinate with, and is teamed with shades of brown, beige and green. Marigold and rust red warm it up a few notches.
The print is particularly lively for an Autumn/winter theme with lots of variety in the different grasses, branches, leaves and berries
Based on a CC41 dress from Shona’s own collection. The CC41 label is a significant one for 1940s re-enactors as it signifies the garment was made to the regulations set down at the time to ensure quality clothing was available to war-time rationed Britain.
As well as it’s hefty vintage heritage, our swingy number has the same modern touches for convenience and comfort as you have come to expect from Heyday! The fabric we believe is polyester viscose (we get quite a lot of designer cast offs, so that is good for the environment, but means we have to take a guess at the contents!). It drapes and wears beautifully. The fabric is entirely matt, slightly lighter weight than other twizzle fabric we have had.
Dancers will also like the weight and flair of the skirt. The knit really makes it fly! The gentle wide A-line is very flattering and doesn’t need a petticoat. We have left it at a vintage mid-calf length, but agree that it would also be gorgeous at a shorter length if you chose to have it altered.
PLEASE NOTE! We have updated the size line and made some changes in our second edition of the Twizzle dress. If you are familiar with the style, please note that our last run came out a size too big. We have now corrected that (so if you had a 12 in the old style, a size 14 in this one will be the same fit). We have also taken it up a wee bit, as we found that the weight of the fabric really pulled it down a bit too much.
Vintage Credentials and other good things:
- Based on an original CC41 dress Vintage mid-calf length
- The fabulous sweetheart neckline and twizzle details are very flattering
- Easy care, cool machine wash and little if any ironing needed
- Stretch fabric that breathes well, looks vintage and flys on the dance floor!
- Travels well, creases drop out with wear. warm iron if necessary
- Made in the UK, sweat shop free
- We recommend a cool wash and a cool iron if required. You can save on ironing if you let it hang while drying .
- Shona recommends being careful with watches and bracelets that could catch and pull the fabric (you can pull the thread through to the other side with a needle if that does happen).
Thanks to model Hannah and Le Keux Vintage Salon for the pictures!