Tulips tumbling all over a pale green background makes for a lovely dress you'll wear and wear. Apricot and orange and raspberry reds mix with shades of green. Indeed redheads like Shona will LOVE it!
Based on a CC41 dress from Shona’s own collection. The CC41 label is a significant one for 1940s re-enactors as it signifies the garment was made to the regulations set down at the time to ensure quality clothing was available to war-time rationed Britain.
The fabric was ex designer cast offs so we have to take a hunch at the contents - we believe this one is 100% polyester as it can get a little warm! Having said that, it is comfortable smooth fabric with a nice stretch for ease of wear. It is matt fabric and it travels and washes brilliantly.
The gentle wide A-line is very flattering and doesn’t need a petticoat. We have left it at a vintage mid-calf length, but agree that it would also be gorgeous at a shorter length if you chose to have it altered.
PLEASE NOTE! We have updated the size line and made some changes in our second edition of the Twizzle dress. If you are familiar with the style, please note that our last run came out a size too big. We have now corrected that (so if you had a 12 in the old style, a size 14 in this one will be the same fit). We have also taken it up a wee bit, as we found that the weight of the fabric really pulled it down a bit too much.
Vintage Credentials and other good things:
- Based on an original CC41 dress Vintage mid-calf length
- The fabulous sweetheart neckline and twizzle details are very flattering
- Easy care, cool machine wash, no ironing
- Stretch fabric that looks vintage and flys on the dance floor!
- Travels well, creases drop out with wear
- Made in the UK, sweat shop free
- We recommend a cool wash.
- Shona recommends being careful with watches and bracelets that could catch and pull the fabric (you can pull the thread through to the other side with a needle if that does happen).
Thanks to model Hannah and Le Keux vintage salon for the pictures!